Monday, December 6, 2010

Decking the Halls

I live in a house where Christmas is not decorated for. This makes me a little sad. I looked across the street tonight to see my neighbors decorating their tree. I watched longingly as they strung the lights, laughing, enjoying the season. I want to walk the neighborhood and look at the Christmas lights. I want to go downtown and see the decorations. And I want someone who will share it with me; who will enjoy Christmas as I enjoy it. I want to see the hustle and bustle of holiday shoppers - angry and joyous at the same time. I want to sit in the glow of a decorated Christmas tree in it's gaudy glory, drinking hot chocolate, singing Christmas carols. I'm off to walk the neighborhood and listen to Christmas carols and hope I don't cry.

For the record, it's amazing what Christmas carols and the Glee soundtrack does for my emotions. And a walk down 15th Ave, Capitol Hill and a chai. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment