Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Not for the sensitive...

My room smells like man. I know, I know... I am a man and I pretty much live in my room, but it smells like sick, unwashed man; like unbrushed teeth in the morning man; like I just ran five miles, had sex with a condom, and didn't shower until the next morning man. And I can honestly say none of that has happened (except I did run 2 and half miles, but I showered promptly afterward). I just can't pinpoint the smell and it's bothering me. And it's disgusting.

I'm beginning to think the moisture has seeped through the walls and carpeting to provide aiding and abetting for the smell. I think even the bedsheets and comforter are in on it. It kind of smells like the inside of my dad's old hockey gloves. And that kind of makes my stomach turn...

And here's the kicker: there are no dirty dishes in here, no old food, no trash. So why does it smell like seven-day-old salsa mixed with chicken and cheese smothered in Verde enchilada sauce? It didn't smell like this last night. Let's account for what is in my room: my violin, books, my Christmas tree (that I have forgotten to water and is almost dead - but no, that's not the smell), my "idols," my jar of Michigan dirt (so I never have to live there again unless I choose to), the pile of sundries my parents sent me (it could be the pumpkin loaves, but doubtful... Sniff test is commencing... Nope.), shoes (nope), bag, clothes, coat, computer, CDs, and electric heater... All check out.

At this point the only thing left to do is air my room out. It's 38 degrees outside and rainy (surprise.........!!); it looks like I'll be coping with the smell for a while.

On a brighter, less disgusting note: 2011 resolutions are here! More to come!

4 comments:

  1. Go to the nearest Bath and Body works and pick up one of their "wallflowers" get one of the scents that advertise odor control...i recommend the clean cotton, it'll have ur room smelling fresh and lovely in no time!! I have a sensitive sniffer so I know that smell you are speaking of, i call it "funk!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael, well said: "Funk' is exactly what that smell is... Bath and Body Works it is! And p.s. I miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gareth! When I was pregnant, we bought a used crib. After a day or two, our apartment began to smell awful, and it turned out that the odors were emanating from the crib mattress. We had to dispose of it and buy a new one. Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss u back!! I love your blog skyline :)

    ReplyDelete